Mobility and Exchange

Looking for a change of perspective? Would you like to spend part of your studies abroad? Geography students of Bern have the opportunity to spend 1-2 semesters of their studies abroad in the framework of an exchange program. During an exchange semester, you will gain valuable international experience, improve your language skills, and immerse yourself in a new culture.The Mobility Coordinator at the GIUB and the Student Advisory Service, as well as the International Office, will answer your organizational and administrative questions. What if there is no exchange agreement with your desired host University? Then organize your stay abroad yourself. The best way to begin this process is to contact the Admission Office of the desired University directly. The International Office will also help you.

Mobility in Switzerland

Mobility programmes between Swiss universities

Study for one or two semesters at a different Swiss university? Complete a minor degree program at another Swiss university? More information here.


ERASMUS (respectively SEMP)

Erasmus allows students to study at another university within Europe for one or two semesters. More information


It is possible to study one or two semester outside of Europe with ISEP. There are contracts with approximately 135 universities in the United States and over 75 other universities around the world. More information

United Nations University

The Geographical Institute has an agreement with the United Nations University in Tokyo, Japan