mentoring from experienced researchers
hands-on work on your PhD project
social and networking activities with your peers in the workshop
Organization and contact information
- All workshop activities
- Lunch on the day of the workshop
- All conference activities covered in the general conference fee
- Accommodation in a Scout’s house for out-of-town participants for the duration of the workshop and conference (14th – 20th February, 2015) – details below
In total, you are asked to submit three documents:
- Your abstract for the paper you wish to present at the conference
- A short description of your PhD Project 1-3 pages, including: research topic, (sub-)discipline, research question, and abstract (may be the same abstract as above, but has to submit separately to the database).
- A extended description of your research Not more than 10 pages, including problem setting, research question, hypothesis, theoretical background, research design, research methods, status of your research, problems faced, and your CV
|01 Sept 2015||Submission open|
|16 Oct 2015||
Deadline for submission of conference abstract and short PhD description.
|25 Nov 2015||
Notification of acceptance.
|15 Jan 2015||Deadline for submission of extended PhD description and for registration for the workshop.|
We are pleased to announce that participants of the 1st PLPR Full-Day PhD workshop will be lectured and mentored by following mentors:
- Marta Lora-Tamayo Vallvé, PTU National University Distance Education Spain
- Chris Webster, University of Hong Kong
- Ben Davy, TU Dortmund University
The program for the PhD workshop:
Check-In at Aareheim
|Evening||Joint cooking & dinner|
incl. presentation of each PhD project (max. 30min)
|Evening||Joining the PLPR Get-together-Beer|
If you have problems to arrive in Bern before Sunday 15.00, please give us a short notice. Students will be asked to read discriptions of other students and to present their own research.
The price level of Bern hotels is quite high and we know that it might be a problem for students from abroad. As such, we offer a basic accommodation over Sun. 14th to Sat. 20th – for free.
The accommodation is in the form of a Scout`s house (Aareheim Pfadi Berna – website in German). It is centrally located and next to the river Aare. The house is equipped with a big common room, a mixed dormitory (please bring a sleeping bag!) and a big kitchen (at your disposal for self-catering).
We only have limited capacity. Please let us know as soon as possible if you want to use that offer so that we can reserve a place for you! Update: Fully booked.
For those who do not use that offer, please regard the information on accommodations in Bern here.